Lesson: FaceBoxes: Simple face detection demonstration & activity
Activity 1: FaceBoxes
Brief Face Detection Activity
- Make sure your webcam is attached and that no other application is using it. If so, turn that application off.
- Draw several face pictures, on a piece of scrap paper, using markers or pens (something with thick lines is preferable). Any style is fine, be creative and try different things.
- Visit the CodePen OpenCV Face Detection Program: https://codepen.io/bmonteith/full/BaJWzXx
- Show your artistic faces to the webcam, and check out the response.
- Record your observations in a chart, similar to the one below.
Things to think about:
- Which faces worked and which ones didn’t work?
- Why do you think that is?
- If it can’t recognize every type of face, is there a problem with the data that was used to make this AI?
- How could this program be improved?
No Attachment Found